Aerosol Shredder Unit (Series Options: ASU-200, ASU-500, ASU-800, ASU-1000, ASU-1500, ASU-2000) is used to drain, crush and contain VOCs from household waste aerosol cans. Furthermore, the goal is to reduce hazardous waste seepage into landfills. In addition, we aim to contain the VOCS to prevent OZONE depletion. And to reduce the metal to be further recycled. SRS offers a throughput range from 250 – 2500 cans per hour.
Each unit is Customized to the customers need. Electrical power is set up to meet the customers requirement for there local codes in each county. Voltage can be set up for High Voltage 575 VAC/ 480 VAC/ 415 VAC/380 VAC and other lower voltages if needed.
Due to SRS rugged design the engineered equipment lasts for a long time with limited maintenance and replacement parts. All aerosol shredding units use the best available parts to ensure longevity of the equipment. The Compacting shredder separates the liquids from the metals and plastics. The liquids are pumped off to customers containment tank for disposal or used in other applications. The metals and plastics travel up an auger system to dropped into customers metal recycling bin.
VOC Recovery is done through SRS Vacuum blower system to capture the VOC from the aerosol cans and transfer them over to the Activated carbon bed that captures the VOC or can be sent off to other locations like thermal oxidizer.
LEL sensor ensures that vapors are not escaping from the system, if vapors are escaping the LEL sensor detects VOC the unit stops and the LEL sensor alarm and light activates to notify the customer there is vapors not being captured. Usually the Activated carbon bed is saturated and needs replacement or refurbishing. Once corrected Aerosol shredding unit can be restarted.
ASU System Features:
- Loading applications can vary based on design request and conveyor processing is also available.
- Each unit is built to Class 1 Division 1 Standards (explosion resistance package). In addition, the units are designed with non-sparking stainless steel shredding teeth to reduce the chances of sparking.
- Meets Class 1 Division 1 or ATEX/CE and other Standards.
- Designed to be a low speed shredder to reduce heat friction.
- The ASU unit can reduce from 200 to 3000 cans in 1 hours. Depending on modal.
- Equipment is set up with (N2) nitrogen solenoid and mechanical flow meter. That is controlled in the program.
- Vacuum blower removes aerosol vapors to the customer carbon bed or thermal oxidizer.
- Amp controls and programming detects jamming and reverses the shredder to remove the Jam materials.
- The PLC automated controller completes self-diagnostic check of the overall unit to ensure proper functioning conditions are met.
- Maintenance screen especially displays all manual activations of the instrumentations.