Aerosol Shredder ASU1000
Aerosol Shredder ASU1000 aerosol shredding system removes the metals and plastics and liquids and separate them.
The Aerosol Shredder ASU1000 shreds the cans and under Vacuum blow removes VOC. The liquid and metal drops to lower chamber were the liquids are pumped off and the metal is removed by conveyed- augured to holding customers bin.
The cans are loaded into the large 1.5- cubic yard hopper. The hopper lid closes, and the operator hits the start button to activate the system. The PLC dose self-diagnostic of the systems safeties and if all is ensured the system starts the nitrogen purge start to remove (1 of 3) items that can cause a fire (link purge).
Once the Aerosol can shredder finished the (n2) purge the system start to shred the cans in to 1 wide x 2 to 4-inch-long strips.
The liquids as they drop into the lower chamber is pneumatically pumped out to customers holding drum or tote tank. the air pump is protected with basket strainer inline to ensure that large materials protect the pump from metal going through them.
The Vacuum blower removes vapors from the shredding chamber and send them to Carbon beds or customers thermal oxidizer where they can be captured or burnt off. The vacuum blower draws a negative on the system.
Aerosol cans hopper on the Aerosol Shredder ASU1000 estimated of 780 Cans in the hopper. This allows for longer time between loading for operator to set up next load. The system will dump the metals in the bottom draw were customer can pull out draw and dump the cans out the bottom of it.
Options that can be added to the aerosol separation system.
- Auger removal system will move the metals and plastics to elevated area so that the shredded materials can dump into large bins.
- Nitrogen generator sized to equipment is offered. This comes with one generator and 60 USG tank receiver.
- LEL sensors for Carbon bed exhaust stack. This is to ensure that carbon bed once saturated dose not let VOC escape from the drum or tank carbon bed used.
Aerosol Shredder ASU1000 Electrical Cabinet enclosure parts
- The standard unit comes explosion proof. The Electrical cabinet is purged so it meets explosion proof conditions of the customer’s needs.
- (1) Interior/Exterior Rated Cabinet.
- (1) Explosion proof box and purge system.
- (1) HMI screen color touch screen.
- (1) PLC Platform.
- (1) Allen Bradly micro Logix analog card for LEL sensors.
- (1) High voltage to low voltage transformer (based on customers voltage)
- (1) Transformer Customers VAC to 24 VDC for PLC and HMI.
- (10) Resettable breakers PLC/HMI and other items in electrical panel.
- (2-6) Internal to panel solenoids depending on options added.
- (3) External explosion proof solenoids. Pneumatic air pump, N2 purge, EXP box purge.
- (1) Electrical courtesy plug for laptops only.
- (1) Ethernet switch
- (1) Main disconnect and panel mount handle.
- (2) Reversing Motor starters and overloads each shredder motor.
- (1) Vacuum blower motor chamber. Motor starter and overload.
- (1) Auger motor vacuum blower. Motor starters and overloads
- (1) Auger motor and gear box. Motor starters and overloads
Motor sizes for ASU-1000
Auger motor 10 KW.
Shredder motor one. 15 KW motor.
Shredder motor two. 15 KW motor
For Other Sizes: